10-4.

In the post Jarvis street shooting I find it somewhat humorous that while walking after my run tonight, a large group of teenage and younger kids stood in the intersection past my house dancing around to rap music and yelling at each other to "come smoke this" and "your butt stinks!". The funny part is that while walking by, since they are in my path and why would I turn back, one of the youngest starts yelling "hey white man, why you in my hood?!". He was probably 10 if he was lucky. He was the smallest 10 year old I ever saw. Maybe I'll change my route, but probably I won't.

According to puddlegum.net which seems like some sort of elitist indie music site without many articles, this is how you are supposed to listen to the new Radiohead album (in rainbows) -- by weaving in parts of the supposedly complementing OK Computer.

Here's their playlist. It does actually sound nice together.

Radiohead - 01 and 10 playlist:
1. Airbag (OK Computer)
2. 15 Step (In Rainbows)
3. Paranoid Android (OK Computer)
4. Bodysnatchers (In Rainbows)
5. Subterranean Homesick Alien (OK Computer)
6. Nude (In Rainbows)
7. Exit Music (For A Film) (OK Computer)
8. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi (In Rainbows)
9. Let Down (OK Computer)
10. All I Need (In Rainbows)
11. Karma Police (OK Computer)
12. Fitter Happier (OK Computer)
13. Faust Arp (In Rainbows)
14. Electioneering (OK Computer)
15. Reckoner (In Rainbows)
16. Climbing Up The Walls (OK Computer)
17. House Of Cards (In Rainbows)
18. No Surprises (OK Computer)
19. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (In Rainbows)
20. Lucky (OK Computer)
21. Videotape (In Rainbows)
22. The Tourist (OK Computer)

According to Lorna, the humorfest piece looks ridiculous in a good way. I get to see it tomorrow and maybe I can snap some photos (I just sat here and negotiated which to type: pix or pics).

Comments