Barton

I've been on something of a movie kick lately. For a person that enjoys movies and likes the idea of a movie, I really find it hard to sit through a movie. In the past couple of weeks I have watched a couple. I watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. It was alright. I'll never watch it again, but alright. Then I watched The Savages. Not bad. Kind of slow. Won't ever watch again. Watched Fur, the Imaginary Bio of Diane Arbus. I enjoyed that. Strange and seemingly taking place in a day dream. Then, Iron Man. This was fun. I didn't stay til' the bonus scene after the credits, but I caught it online. Interesting to see where that goes. Theres a trend here I just noticed. The first two movies star Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and the later two star Robert Downey Jr. Those two guys need shorter names. Phil Hoffman and Robbie Jr. Today I finished up Barton Fink, and early Coen Bros movie. It was enjoyable, as their pictures normally are.

Theres a scene in Barton Fink where John Goodman's character feels saddened by the fact that (paraphrased) a man can work his whole life and fit all the things he owns and cares about in one small box. While un-pack-ratting my house, I feel a similar way. Except, I'm fairly excited to live out of a small box. I have three piles growing: Things I want to take with me, Things I want to have once my life settles down there and Things I don't really care if I ever see again. The things in the third pile will either end up in the dump or on a yard sale blanket/ebay auction block. Lots of just...accumulated stuff. Also some comic books that I've read and either don't care about or would rather have in a collected format. Theres really no need for almost every issue of Fables or 100 bullets or Preacher or anything. The collections are easier to store, read, handle, etc. If only they would collect Flex Mentallo I would be able to start to trim down the Grant Morrison stuff.

Threadless finally accepted/put up my 1st Submission today. You can see it by following the link below. If you aren't a member and want to vote on it, you'll have to sign up. But I plan on having a few more up there soon, so go ahead and join. Quite a few people have already voted, and I hope they are all positive. Can't find out for a week.

My Threadless.com Submission

Tomorrow I pick up a new book from the post office that I hopefully will gush about tomorrow or the next. Good bye.

Comments