slowly, but its happening

random scans and also some things from today.

we got these promo postcards in the mail for a photographer. i doodled all over the Moby one in the same way I would a People magazine. This is a worm fighting a blob guy.



Was looking at a site online today where a guy writes a 101 word short story each day. They were recently collected in a book, and this was the supposed definition of the title of the book/site. all of these things, it turns out, are links to specific stories, but the word choices and ideas and visuals were too much to not screencapture.



really really rough comp for the next in the 40 series. I'm thinking about buying a screen or two while I am still here in NC and screenprinting some stuff. I would want to print + overprint this. But if that never happens, than it will be digital for sure. The peeking fella is from the first (comic strip) piece in the series, of which there will be another. book ends of graphic narrative.



moleskin scan. still thinking about redesigned Invisibles covers. For what reason? None, but I like to imagine and what not. Also some studies of Elliott Smith. Been wanting to re-do this haggered Elliott piece I did in college for like, ever. Saw a really good book of photos of him (hard to find pics of him, I've found..) while in DC. So I bought it off Amazon because I hate full price. Been drawing a little from it. Not going so well so far, as you can see.



Some more Elliott. Also: Tonight, the Gnome and this bearded cat I randomly drew on our whiteboard here at work and have been drawing quite a bit since. I call him Cat Beard, but he is going to have to get a better name than that. At first he was just a head, but when I hit the sketchbook he gained scale mail armor and a cat of nine tails/sword/shield. I like fantasy because I have glasses. Also, Elliott with a city head. I dunno. I think thats from the Hellboy 2 trailer or something.



This is an older Elliott from a rolling stone magazine. I dunno if I threw it out or not. Crap, I hope not. Anyways, this is from like the 2nd page of this sketchbook. So it's probably from the middle of last year. Also with Elliott are a mountain range and a hyperbolic shape. Back then I was really obsessed with doing a pop-up book of these mountain range drawings, and I still think it would be cool. I also liked hyperbolic shapes but its really hard to get reference for things that are impossible to see in three dimensions. Plus a line from a Joanna Newsom song, "These lives do never end" which played over the ipod while drawing this and I thought it fit with Elliott and these mountains of ghosted memories/dashed dreams.

Comments