Grimaldi's sounds like a pizza place in Harry Potter



I finally did it. Had the best pizza so far in NYC. That isn't a huge deal, since I've only really gone to Sam's down the street from me, but still. Grimaldi's. I had heard big things about it, so finally went. Got there at 5PM and got in the line (~30 people) and waited for a friend to join me. This is supposedly one of the very few places around that is still allowed to burn coal, and between the hours of 4 and 6, they take 30 minutes to refresh the oven. We got caught in that window. So, food came out at like 6:50 or so. That's ok. I ate 5/8ths of a Pepperoni/Mushroom pizza that was so delicious.

The seating arrangement in this place is as tight as possible. There were 2 ladies sitting next to us that did not speak a word the entire time they were there. And it looked like they had just met. Just silence and awkward looking around. When my friend got up to use the bathroom, they finally started chatting with each other. "So, do you have any siblings? Where do you work?" I couldn't figure them out at all.

Afterwards, we walked a block down the street to the Brooklyn Ice Cream factory. Ate a cone of Vanilla / Choc. Chunk while looking out over the water. Lots of people with cameras there. Also, the WATCHTOWER, which I guess is the Jehovah Witness HQ.

Lastly a can of Boddington's Pub Ale at a place called Superfine. They were having a hoe-down, but the band was all squished on this tiny stage, so they looked like the band from Chuck-E-Cheese.

One of these three things that I consumed has made me not hungry for the almost 24 hours since I ate them. Hm.

Also, while at the "local" target the other day, which is in some sort of bizarre brooklyn mall, I noticed that they had a Chuck-E-Cheese on the 3rd floor. I wonder if they'd let me have my birfday party there.

Comments