Tuesday

Tonight, while waiting for the uptown F train, I saw a guy reading a Promethea trade, horizontally. I decided to keep track of this via Daytum. Previously, I wanted to see how many people I would spot reading Watchmen leading up to the movie, but it only hit 3 before I stopped riding the train very often. I was glad they were reading it, but I felt like they should have read it without having to be persuaded by the film.

Also, one time when visiting, I saw a person reading Persepolis, clearly preparing for the movie. This Promethea guy is the first one I've seen to be reading a comic that isn't about to be released as a movie.

Unless there is a Promethea movie I don't know about?



Now that I think of it, maybe he loved Watchmen in theaters, so he googled Alan Moore and then decided to read some of his other work. Forget that guy then. I have yet to just see someone reading a comic for general comic interest yet. Hrm.

Comments