64 bits.

1. In 1964 on a television near you there were 2 shows based on monster families. You had your Addams Family and your Munsters. I have a tough time chosing a favorite between the two. At work the other day I confused them as being one show in my head and was trying to figure out why a family with the last name of "Addams" would be on a show called the Munsters. Anyways, it dawned on me at that moment that it was very strange that in 1964 television had 2 shows about monsters that were civilized. How could this happen? Did people really like monsters that much back then? How can we make it so reality tv shows and law firm shows and mtv movie awards are replaced with a show about monsters?

If you look at TV, there are a lot of strange people based in reality shows. You've got Heroes, Supernatural, Kyle XY, Lost to a certain extent, etc etc. I think that maybe these, and the re-makes of Battlestar Galactica & Bionic Woman could maybe lead to a revival of either the Munsters or the Addams. I think the Munsters would be better as they didn't have 2 movies staring Raul Julia whom no one would want to replace.

There's also a chance that the almost Munsters-esque sure to be piece of trash Caveman show will ruin any chance of more physically freakish people having their own shows. Sorry Rosie O'Donnell. Sorry Dane Cook. The Cavemen are going to ruin your careers more then you ever could.

2. Sitting in a resturant and eating by myself is not something I am bothered by but I guess it bothered Hani. He called me and when I told him I had just ordered food and was eating alone he dashed over quickly to sit and eat too. Maybe he was hungry or maybe he's just a nice guy deep down underneath that black soul of his. Probably just hungry.

3. Picked up Death Proof today at Best Buy. They had the normal edition or the Best Buy only 3 disc edition which came in a metal box thing. I really hate DVDs that don't come in either the standard plastic DVD case or the newer box-set style cardboard sleeve thing with DVDs somehow attached to a case thing that slides in/out. Stange plastic Simpsons heads are stupid. Metal tins are stupid. Gimmick-ish packaging like the Strangers with Candy notebook shaped DVD sets are stupid. Just make something in a standardized shape that fits on my shelf of DVDs.

4. More then strange DVDs and Cavemen, I hate Chuck Norris related jokes and Nic Cage's face. That is all.

Comments