shooting star / the weak end

Just in from NYC so I'll need to blog before I forget everything.

1. Battles. I have seen most of my all time favorite bands live. And some other bands that I liked and their live show blew me away. This Battles show was better then anything I have ever seen. It made bands that I think shred look like sissies. Completely amazing.

2. Saw Superbad again while in NYC. Still hilarious. I'd like to see it again.

3. All my goals for NYC were accomplished. I had a really fun time. Rode around the subway more times then I'd like to remember. Drank a lot. Ate quite a bit. Met up with my "sister" Leah, Clay and Kymia all at seperate times and all pretty fun. Met a couple new people who were also very cool. It's too bad I love NC or else I may consider moving there. Probably never happen tho.

3. Finished Perfume on the plane today. The last page was completed a mere second before we were getting off the plane. This book was really really great. It had the perfect ending in relation to the character and his mindset. They did more things with stink then you'd think. Totally recommended.

4. On my flight home today, this italian guy next to me (with a Luis Vuitton bag...) did a father/son/holyghost cross while we were landing. He had so little faith in flying that he had to involve faith in his flying. While typing that, I accidently typed flaying. I think that would be an interesting means of travel.

5. Finished Invincible Volume 8 the night before I left. This series is great. Now I can catch up on the current issues and be set. Next on the platter: Transmetropolitan volumes 3 & 4. Looking forward to those. Thanks 20% off at comic shop coupon!

6. I'm sure someone has made computer "emote" versions of the I love NY shirt (ie. I <3 NY) and if they didn't, they should. But they should also make I H8 NY shirts. I'd wear one.

7. An idea for a character I had (Martian Luther King, an alien that can cause you to dream) has slowly evolved into what I think would be a cool t-shirt. Afraid of the "RACIST!" comments, clay and katie really helped round out and smooth the idea while in NYC. I have a lot of notes and I hope to get working on images soon. The flight & drive home gave me about 8 more drawings ideas to work on so I will hopefully stay busy.

Time to eat some dinna.

Comments