Sunday Sunday Sunday

1. Uploaded tons of new images to wburkert.com. Updated the Lightbox to the newest version which now offers arrow key navigation. Very cool. If you have been keeping up with my work through other sites (deviant/flickr/whatev) then a lot of this may be old for you. But there are some newbies in there too.

2. Coded the site using Coda from Panic. Not only do they make awesome Katamari Shirts but they also make great mac apps. I think I may buy the full version of Coda. I really love it. And it beats the crap out of saving html docs to my desktop and dragging them into fetch everytime I want to see live changes. It was love at first type. Trademark that. I want it on a shirt that will sell at Veer.

3. Saw Superbad today with my brother. Was pretty funny. Not the comedy changing film I felt like it was hyped up to being, but still pretty funny. I love the intro/007 dancing thing. Micheal Cera's moves were on point.

4. Watched Do The Right Thing over the weekend. Everyone should do the right thing. I'm not really sure that Spike Lee's character Mookie did the right thing. But that's ok. Da Mayor did, and that's all that matters.

5. Saw some pretty awesome bands this weekend. Cup 'n' String from Chicago were the first act of the evening. They were great live. Lead singer on acoustic guitar, girl on cello, girl on floor w/ back-up vocals. no mics. Their voices carried. Reminded me of Daniel Johnston meets Joanna Newsome (milk eyed mender) meets Violent Femmes. Kinda. Also caught Mega Mega. They were math-rocky-metal-stuff with their drums recorded on an ipod. I guess the drummer was sick.

6. The best portion of the evening was probably The Subliminator. Go ahead and take a second to read the little bio there on his site. I'll wait.

Done? Pretty awesome right? Here's pretty much exactly what he looked like:

His shirt was blue this night tho. Anyways, he plays noise with some sort of beats sometimes. His lyrics were like a mix of monk chanting meets fast-forward vhs movies. Strange. I did catch a snippet of lyrics tho -- "You are so digital. You are such a microwave." Mind blowing.

Comments